Whether you’re roasting marshmallows or lighting a candle, learning fire safety tips can help prevent emergencies. Use this resource to teach kids about firemen, fire trucks, and fire safety, then make a special campfire treat to celebrate.
Fire Safety Activities for Kids
- Red fruit leather
- Pretzel sticks
It’s never to early to teach your little ones about fire safety! Read these picture books together to engage your children in fire safety tips:
- The Fire Engine Book (Little Golden Book) by Tibor Gergely
- Curious George and the Firefighters by H.A. Rey and Margret Rey
- LEGO City: Fire Truck to the Rescue by Sonia Sander
- The Fire Cat by Esther Averill
- Arthur’s Fire Drill by Marc Brown
- Flashing Fire Engines by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker
- The Little Fire Engine by Lois Lenski
- Mac the Fire Truck and the Factory Fire by Trey Watson
- Big Frank’s Fire Truck by Leslie McGuire
- Fire Engine Man by Andrea Zimmerman and David Clemesha
Then, celebrate your new fire safety knowledge with these fun and simple campfire treats!
- Lay pretzel sticks along the bottom of the plate in a horizontal pile.
- Place vertical strips of red fruit leather on top to create fun, colorful flames.
After you’ve eaten your snacks, take time to quiz your child on fire safety tips. You never know when this newfound knowledge will come in handy!