Happy National Nutrition Month! This March, make a new goal to live healthy. This resource provides simple and healthy tips to improve your diet and lifestyle.
March is National Nutrition Month
- Healthy food
- Water bottle
- Exercise equipment
Trade in that Valentine’s Day chocolate for cantaloupe! March is National Nutrition Month, and Waterford UPSTART has these tips to help your family start healthy lifestyle habits:
- Eat breakfast every day. Skipping breakfast may seem smart, but it can make you tired and unable to focus throughout the day. Start the morning with a healthy breakfast like oatmeal, yogurt, or eggs.
- Cut back on foods with added sugar. Foods with lots of added sugar can make kids jittery and leave them with empty calories. Try to eat foods with natural or low sugar instead.
- Drink plenty of water. If you’re dehydrated, you might feel tired or even lethargic. Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink from it whenever you feel thirsty.
- Exercise at least three times a week. Exercise is important to keep your heart healthy and strong! Try to get at least 30-45 minutes of moderate exercise three or more times a week.
- Don’t give up. Real lifestyle changes don’t happen overnight. Even if these habits are hard to pick up at first, they’ll get easier in time.
Make springtime a season of transformation and add these healthy tips to your lifestyle!