Teaching younger kids the alphabet is a great way to prepare them for kindergarten. Use this collage craft to engage younger children’s motor skills while teaching both letter recognition and creativity.
Letter Recognition Collage Craft
- Large, colorful sheets of paper
- Watercolor paints
- Child-friendly scissors
- Markers, crayons, and colors pencils
- Choose the letter you will be featuring in the collage. You could use the first letter of your child’s name, for example, or a letter they’re learning in preschool.
- Write the letter at the top of a piece of paper in both uppercase and lowercase form.
- Flip through an old magazine with your child. Let your child choose pictures that have the featured letter in them.
- Cut out the pictures for your child or, if you’re child is mature enough, let them cut them out.
- Glue the pictures to your piece of paper. After you’ve attached the pictures, write the word below them in clear letters.
- Let your child circle the featured letter in each word that you wrote.
Your child now has a fun collage that teaches them letter sounds and recognition!